LPC has an immediate full-time opening for the Finance Secretary/Receptionist position. This position is responsible for maintaining the church accounting data, through input and report generation. The position also performs receptionist and church office administration duties and acts as the primary office receptionist and provides administrative support to the Ministry Staff, Ministry Area Team Leaders, and congregation. To apply send a letter of interest and a current resume to Nina Dorsch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: Responsible for maintaining the church accounting data, through input and report generation. Responsible for receptionist and church office administration duties. Acts as the main office receptionist and provides administrative support to the Ministry Staff, Ministry Area Team Leaders, and congregation.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have the ability to work under limited supervision, be friendly and professional. Must possess knowledge of general office administration processes and be skilled in the use of multi-line telephone systems and computer software including Microsoft Office and church database software. Must possess knowledge of financial accounting systems and software. The ability to proficiently type and use 10-key entry is highly desirable.
1. Income and Expense processing (35%)
-Accurately leads the count of Sunday Worship Service offerings on Monday with volunteers. Recruits volunteers to assist with count as needed.
-Deposits offerings in bank after complete and accurate count is verified. Posts Sunday Worship Service offerings, to include operating, building debt retirement, Capital Campaign, Sunday School, and all other special-type offerings, in financial accounting system in a timely manner.
-Maintains church accounting information by processing approved invoices from Ministry Team leaders and staff.
-Mails checks signed by the Treasurer to vendors.
-Maintains copies invoices and check stubs in the accounting system files using GAAP.
-Reviews monthly credit card statements and verifies purchases are substantiated with receipts. Processes credit card payments after check request vouchers are signed by card holders.
2. Report generation and contribution statements (10%)
-Prepares contribution statements quarterly or as requested by the Finance Team.
-Ensures contributions statements are mailed to every giving unit.
-Orders annual giving envelope sets for donors as requested.
-Processes all estimates of giving (pledge cards) after Stewardship Sunday.
-Prepares balance sheet, budget reports and all other reports requested by the Finance Team for the Finance Team and Session meetings in absence of the church business administrator.
-Maintains chart of accounts and enters yearly approved budget targets into accounting system.
-Reconciles bank accounts monthly and ensures the Church Business Administrator signs the reconciled bank statement.
3. Church Database (CDM+) responsibilities (25%)
- Input Sunday attendance using CDM+ and produce reports for first time visitors
- Keep Every Member in Ministry information current
- Maintain database for Ministry Descriptions
- Maintain database for mailing correspondence to Presbytery churches for special events
- Update membership/constituent visitors/visitor information
- Produce church family telephone directory annually
- Maintain records of child baptisms, dedication dates in church database
- Update & remove prospects from church database based on attendance criteria
- Produce a “missing attendance” report of members and constituent visitors for
the Bridges Ministry Team based on Sunday attendance input
- Creative prospective visitors list for Inquirer’s Class membership for pastor’s approval
- Create & mail correspondence to approved Inquirer’s list for class attendance
- Maintain records on Inquirer’s classes; people invited; people attended, etc.
- Create monthly birthday reports for Children’s & Youth Department ministers
- Input and maintain all Christian Education (Sunday) attendance records for Children’s
and Youth Department
- Set-up and maintain VBS registration records for reports, future evangelism efforts,
4. Primary receptionist (20%)
- Answers telephone calls, provides assistance, takes messages or transfers to voice mail
- Greets church members and visitors to the office
- Ensures telephone system is transferred to day mode and night mode at appropriate times
- Sorts and distributes mail and packages
5. General Administration (10%)
- Prepare & send letters to first time guests
- Prepare mass mailings to the congregation for all ministry teams as requested
- Contact local papers for press releases, when requested
- Type letters and other correspondence as needed
- Maintain inventory of postage stamps and supplies
- Recruit 8:45 a.m. Sunday morning worship service readers
- Post sermon video and audio recordings on LPC website
- Post membership data, baptisms, deaths, and births in the official Session record book maintained in the LPC office fire safe
- Assist with worship guides and newsletters as needed
SUPERVISION: Reports to the Church Business Administrator.