A lot of our mission work takes place right here at home in our community. Opportunities for service include:
Helping the Homeless
Five weeks a year we open our doors to homeless families through the Interfaith Hospitality Network. We provide temporary shelter and meals while they transition back into the job and housing.
We provide hot meals twice a week to hungry people in our community. Our volunteers serve dinner every Monday and lunch every Wednesday.
Our church is a staging area for the Kairos Team. Once year, they go into the Lebanon Correctional Institution and lead a three-day spiritual retreat to share the Gospel with prisoners who live behind bars.
At Christmas we provide gifts for children who have one or both parents in prison.
Our church is a major supporter of the Lebanon Food Pantry which provides groceries to needy families in Warren County.
An annual golf tournament that raises thousands of dollars for mission projects around the world.
Our annual rummage sale usually raises $6,000 to help cover the cost of mission trips.
LPC is a mission-driven church. A significant portion of our church budget is devoted to global outreach, disaster relief and serving the needy in our own community. We believe that every member should be engaged in ministry and using their spiritual gifts to serve and glorify God. Globally, our church is involved in mission partnerships in Asia, Africa, India, Europe, and Latin America:
- In Kenya, we helped drill a well to provide clean drinking water for people and livestock. We also built a school for children who had no access to education.
- In the Yucatan Peninsula, we have been working for 75 years to build churches and share the love of Christ with the Maya people.
- In the Arab world, we are engaged in front-line missions, evangelism and church-planting.
- In Mongolia, Siberia, India, Russia, Czech Republic, Argentina, Cuba, Germany, France and England we provide financial support to full-time missionaries.
- We support the Grace and Peace Gals, three young women working in Cambodia. Also, we support International Justice Mission in their efforts to rescue children forced into prostitution and slave labor.